Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil

Hey guys, here's a quick review of the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil. I use this eyebrow pencil daily and
after about 2 years, it's become the length of my palm. Since this length is a perfect travel size, I have been contemplating on buying another eyebrow pencil and saving this one for on-the-go purposes.
I like this product, but it has not been perfect. If you're on the fence about buying it, my review will definitely help.

CONS:

  • It is a pencil that needs sharpening. Maybe some people prefer this. I do not because I'm lazy haha and sharpening is more of a hassle. 
  • After sharpening it, the pencil will have a more waxy texture than before, like a crayon versus a color pencil. I did not like this change in texture because it was harder to control and I'd sometimes smear on too much.
  • Brush sucks. It's stiff and hard. I never use it.
  • Not precise. If you have sparse eyebrows and plan to draw them in, this babe is not your gal. You'll enjoy a thin, automatic pencil such as the Maybelline or Anastasia Brow Wiz ones.
PROS:

  • Cheap. (about $3 to $5 depending on retailer). Great price for something that will last a long time. 
  • Good staying power. This does not claim to be waterproof or anything, but I think the waxy texture makes it more resilient to water. After washing my face, the product will sometimes still be seen on my brows. 
  •  It comes in three shades: hazel, dark brown, and black brown. I've heard a lot of people with blonde or brown hair like hazel. Dark brown has a reddish hue though, so be careful about that. I really like the black brown: it's almost black but warmer than a plain black or grey pencil and fits my hair/eyes perfectly. 
And also, the gliding power is good at first but get's worse after sharpening. Some people love the gliding power though, so I may just be using a crappy sharpener. 

Despite the cons, I will probably repurchase this because a lot of other drugstore brands I've researched do not have a color that fits me. And as of right now, I don't plan to splurge on a more high-end brow product. 

I hope this review was helpful. I'd love to know your HG brow pencil, or your thoughts on this one.

-InkSister

No comments:

Post a Comment