Thursday, August 21, 2014

Being Single Rocks


This one is for the single nuggets out there. 

I'm single. Been single for 17 years and running. So my dating experience is a big fat zero, and I like to just tell myself I'm a "late bloomer". Sometimes, I imagine how sweet having a guy would be: the kisses, strong hugs, late night talks, warm fuzzy feelings every day...oh I could go on and on. He'll be there when I'm sad and I won't feel so alone in the world.
And other times, I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Am I some hideous being, or horrible at social interactions? Well yes, probably a tad true actually... >.<
I'm sure my fellow single ladies out there can relate. 
But despite the benefits of being in a relationship, I realize that it's not all that it is cracked up to be. Being in a relationship requires time, energy, and emotions. And I don't know if I'm ready to dedicate so much of myself for one booger (aka guy).

So I am content with being single. Actually, I'm absolutely, bumbling happy being single. I can flirt with whoever I want, and beautify myself not to impress some guy, but to make me feel good. And, at this point, I'm still learning to love myself. I am trying to accept my insecurities and feel confident every day. Not to mention, as a senior, the next four years of my life are on the line in the form of college applications. Oh dear. 
So I'd rather make sure I'm the person I want to be, before welcoming a guy into my confused soul. 

If you're also a single chick or a single guy, enjoy da single life. Mingle with others, make friends, widen your connections, and most importantly, make sure you're absolutely content with being alone. You should be happy on your own, instead of depending on someone else to make you happy.
You don't need anyone else to complete you.
Complete yourself.

With love,

-InkSister

No comments:

Post a Comment