Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Natural Acne Fighter: The Tomato


Hey gals, looking for a natural way to improve your skin? Well a tomato could be your best friend.  

Free radicals are one of the root causes of acne: they breakdown protein and fatty acids on the skin, disturb skin's pH, and harms sebaceous glands. And tomatoes, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants (carotene, lycopene, anthocynanin), break down these horrible free radicals. Physically applied to the skin, they act not only as acne fighters, but also as astringents and sun burn treatments. 

 I used to have a DIY Acne phase where I'd use all kinds of natural treatments for my stubborn pimples. And tomatoes have helped my skin the most. I used a tomato mask every day for a week, and saw instant improvement. 

Here's how I use it:

1) Cut a slice of tomato, and smear the juice on my face
2) Leave for about an hour. Yes ONE WHOLE HOUR. I find it works best this way because the tomato juice absorbs into the skin and does its thing.  

And by the way, I have combination skin: oily t-zone, blackheads & frequent clogging in my nose, but rather normal skin on my cheeks. I usually get acne on my forehead, between the eyebrows, and have redness around my nose. Since everyone has different types of skin, what works for me may not work for you. 

But you'll never know if you don't try it ;)  Let me know your experience with tomatoes in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment