Thursday, November 20, 2014

Change can be good.

After reading my past posts, I've realized 1) though this whole endeavor started as a beauty blog, I have not written a stitch of makeup/skincare related post in months, and 2) most of my other posts are me giving advice about one specific topic. There's no "me" in any of the posts, and that bothers me. I didn't intend for this blog to be simply full of advice on topics that I have not experienced or reviews on makeup that I lack the skill to use well. Truthfully, I did not know what exactly I intended to write on this blog because there were too many ideas running in my crazy, outlandish mind: makeup for fellow monolids, fitness sharing, health, skin, love, and the list goes on. There were even times I considered posting some of my never-before-shared poems. The end result of my desire to share everything resulted in me sharing nothing. 

I think it's partly because I'm not used to sharing my life on any kind of social media. I barely post on facebook and instagram, and have not checked my snapchat in months. It felt uncomfortable adding even a tid-bit of myself in my posts because I felt self-centered by doing so. Who am I, talking about my troubles and confusion? Who would even care? Besides, my own personal problems were personal, why share them to the world? I've been so used to having a safe, private bubble that opening up on this blog was hard. So I steered away from it.

With that being said, I'm all for stepping out of my comfort zone. Therefore, right now, this moment, I will step out of my shielded bubble of personal thoughts and feelings, and share a part of myself to the people of the internet...strangers. I'm seventeen, a senior in high school, so my experiences are limited, most from observations, and I've only had a taste of this world. But I have always believed that the journey is more important than the end result because there is so much to gain on a personal and social level from the ups, downs, and plateaus. So as my journey begins, I will share bits of it in carefully molded words and phrases.
It is time for a change, a good kind of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment