Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dream on. It's worth it.

We've all heard the saying, "Good things will come in due course". Though we keep those words tucked in our hopeful hearts, in the back of our minds, we can't help but remain skeptical. In due course...when will that be, ten years from now? Time is a limited resource, everyone else is enjoying life, so maybe we're just darn unlucky and nothing's coming in "due course".
Well, for those of you still skeptical, I'm living proof that amazing, splendid surprises do happen to those who wait.

These past few months were emotional turmoils for me. I was stripped of something that came to define me, deferred from both my early decision/action colleges, and suffering from a "heart-break" per say. My best friend was off making out with her boyfriend, so I not only felt like a failure, but also damn alone. I was constantly on the brink of crying, but hid it under a positive, happy persona. And of course I tried to actually feel optimistic, reminding myself that so many people have it worse and that the disappointments will toughen me. I work hard on my regular decision essays and send them off, satisfied with the final works. Then a couple of decisions twinkle in, and my friends get likely letters (which essentially inform you that you are accepted to the college before the official decision date), acceptances, etc. I am accepted to my safety school, but also disappointed with a waitlist and rejection. The final decisions to most of my schools have yet to come, and so I wait, no longer hopeful...simply impatient to be done with the whole process.

And the unexpected happens. Great news seriously comes when you least expect it. -.- I am accepted into a complete reach school, one that is more "prestigious"/competitive than both my early schools. Though I have acceptable credentials for the school, no way did I think I would get in. No way. I wasn't special, no huge national awards, wasn't ranked #1 in my class, not even valedictorian like 20 other people in my school. 

The point of my anecdote: nothing is impossible. Nothing. Erase impossible from your vocab. No matter how low you are in life right now, believe me, it will get better. You have so much potential, and only you can unleash it. Do not ever let anyone tell you what you can and cannot accomplish. Do not ever give up on yourself. You can achieve anything if you put your heart and soul into it. Let your crazy dreams be fire that fuel your ambition. 

Dream on, because you are strong, capable, and worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment